Managing our environmental impact
Our own environmental management
Our purpose is to ensure that the natural resources of Wales are sustainably maintained, enhanced and used, now and in the future.
Natural Resources Wales (NRW) environmental management system is certified to the ISO14001 environmental standard. External third-party verification (ISO14001 certification) provides independent assurance to the Welsh Government and the public that NRW are managing our environmental risks and impacts.
The forests we manage as part of the Welsh Government’s Woodland Estate are also certified to the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®). Our licence code is FSC – C115912.
We want to set an example in Wales in how we manage our organisation’s own environmental impact by:
- reducing the amount of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases that all our activities put into the atmosphere
- reducing energy use in our offices and buildings
- reducing the amount of water we use
- increase resource efficiency in our processes
- reducing the waste we send to landfill
- reducing the miles we drive
- integrating environmental, social and economic factors into our procurement activity
See our Environmental Policy Statement for more information about our environmental commitment.