Apply for a new standard rules waste permit
BETA: This is a new service – give feedback to help us improve it
Use this service to apply for a new waste standard rules permit.
Before you start
You need to know:
- operator and landowner details
- site location
- any pre-application reference
- waste standard rule or rules you are applying for
- the operator's technical ability
- about management systems
- if offences affect relevant people
- if insolvency or bankruptcy affects relevant people
- about claiming confidentiality or national security
- what declarations to make
- waste permit charges
- how to pay
Documents to upload
You will need to upload some or all the following documents to your application.
1. Evidence that you have, or are working towards, a relevant qualification from one of the following:
- Chartered Institute of Wastes Management/Waste Management Industry Training and Advisory Board (CIWM/WAMITAB)
- Environmental Services Association/Energy and Utility Skills (ESA/EU skills)
2. A site plan (except for mobile plant) which:
- includes the site boundary marked in green
- identifies the part of the site you want to do your waste activities or operations in
- includes local features to help us place the site in its local environment
- is drawn to a defined scale
- includes a date
3. To apply to deposit waste on land for recovery, you will need to provide a waste recovery plan. We recommend you send your plan to us before you start this application.
4. To claim confidentiality or national security, you will need to give evidence.
We will make a decision within three months of receiving a complete application and the correct fee.
We will check your application and confirm if it is complete, if it is complete we call this ‘duly made’. If it is not complete we may request further information from you. The three month timescale does not begin until we consider the application is ‘duly made’.