Cookies on our website

The Natural Resources Wales website uses cookies. By continuing to browse or by clicking “Continue,” you agree to the storing of first- and third-party cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Cookie policy.

Apply to surrender an installations permit

How to surrender your installations permit

Before you apply

If you no longer need your permit you must surrender it. You can also surrender part of your permit, for example if you want to remove a facility or reduce the area of land your permit covers.

How to apply

On this page you’ll find application forms to surrender a permit and the guidance notes to complete the forms. You must fill in Part A and either E1 or E2 and F1.

Look at our How to apply for an environmental permit page before you apply, for up-to-date information on the application process.

Application forms

When opening the forms, you may need to click 'View, Edit document' or 'Enable content'. Look at our How to apply for an environmental permit page for more information on using our application forms.

Please note: Once you have selected the right parts of the form you only need to fill in the sections of that form which are relevant to your application.

If you are having difficulty filling in your application then the information in the 'Help with you application' section below may help you. If you require some pre application advice please use the contact details below.

Part A

Application form Part A - About you

Guidance notes Part A - How to complete Part A of our application form

Part E

Application form Part E1 - Surrender water discharge and groundwater activities

Guidance notes Part E1 - How to complete Part E1 of our application form

Application Form Part E2 - Surrender an installation, waste operation, mining waste or mobile plant activity

Guidance notes Part E2 - How to complete Part E2 of our application form

Part F

Application Form Part F1 - Opra, charges and declarations

Guidance notes Part F1 - How to complete Part F1 of our application form

Credit and Debit card payment form CC1

Help with your application 

General enquiries email -

General enquiries number 0300 065 3000

Customer Service Centre
Natural Resources Wales
29 Newport Road
Cambria House
CF24 0TP.

Is there anything wrong with this page? Give us your feedback.