eSales - Timber online Sales
You will need to register on NRW eSales.
To apply to buy timber you need to complete the pre-qualification requirements:
- You must complete a Timber Sales Qualification Form (TSQF) and have it accepted by Us. You must update and resubmit a TSQF for acceptance whenever any information or circumstances referred to in the TSQF change. You can request a copy of the form from firstname.lastname@example.org; please submit completed copy to same mailbox
- You must also complete a Health & Safety Questionnaire (HSQ) and have it accepted by Us. You must update and resubmit a HSQ for acceptance whenever any information or circumstances referred to in the HSQ change. You can request a copy of the form from email@example.com; please submit completed copy to same mailbox
- You must also complete a Conflict of Interest (COI) form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org before the relevant Event closes to Bids. You must do this for each Event. The form is available with the sales documents on the Website.
Standard purchase of standing trees by weight (tonnage). Contracts sold via eSales comprise of:
- Lot summary and standing sale particulars, which summarise coupe details, contract period and mensuration data
- Site specific conditions
- Location, constraint, operation and road maps
Retained timber element
On certain standing sales contracts, we may place a requirement for a retained timber element (RTE). This will be expressed as a fixed quantity (in tonnes) of timber that will remain under our ownership. The customer is requested to harvest and present the timber at roadside according to our specification.
In calculating the tender price to be offered through eSales for the standing parcel, the customer must consider the harvesting cost for producing this RTE, as no separate recompense is made for the contractor cost.
If there is an RTE requirement on the contract, a set of clauses will be included in the contract terms and conditions, which will also detail the cutting specification. The Sales & Marketing Officer for the region will be able to answer any queries regarding RTE.
Short-term hardwood contracts are offered via eSales.
Contracts sold via eSales comprise of:
- Standard purchase of roundwood by weight at roadside specification terms and conditions.
- Location map, site safety rules and risk assessment will still appear separately.
- Roadside sales of small roundwood termed as chip wood, pulpwood, posts, and stakes, are offered via eSales.
NRW will not accept conditional bids on eSale lots.
Tree diseases in the UK and Wales
Important note: Following finding of Phytophthora pluvialis in Wales, there may be legal restrictions on movement of timber from certain areas of Wales. Please see Welsh Government’s website for more information. Phytophthora pluvialis | GOV.WALES
For information on other pests and diseases, such as Phytophthora ramorum, Chalara (ash dieback) and acute oak decline which are affecting forests, please see our Tree health and biosecurity section