The Countryside Code
Your guide to enjoying parks and waterways, coast...
Coronavirus (Covid-19) guidance
Follow national rules during the coronavirus pandemic.
For safe and happy walks with your dog, and to avoid causing problems for others:
1. Ensure your dog is under effective control, which means:
2. Prevent your dog from approaching horse riders, cyclists, or other people and their dogs uninvited.
3. Keep your dog with you on paths or access land and don’t let it stray into crops including fields of grass, fruit and vegetables.
4. Never let your dog worry or chase wildlife or livestock. Follow advice on local signs to reduce disturbance to plants and animals.
5. Stay SAFE around farm animals and horses:
6. Always bag and bin your dog’s poo wherever you are. You can use any public waste bin or your bin at home.
7. Never leave bags of dog poo lying around, even if you intend to pick them up later. Containers and deodorised bags can make them easier to carry.
8. Ensure your details are on your dog’s collar and it is microchipped, so you can be reunited quickly if it is lost.
9. Keep your dog’s vaccinations and worming up to date. Ask your vet for more information.
10. Contact your local authority, or look out for signs, to get more information about what to do and where to go in your area.
This is general advice for dog walkers developed with input from: