Cookies on our website

The Natural Resources Wales website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more details about cookies and how to manage them, see our cookie policy.

General enquiries

Find details to get in touch with us by email, telephone, post or social media

Customer Care Centre

0300 065 3000 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)

Our Customer Care Centre handles everything from straightforward general enquiries to more complex questions about registering for various permits and can provide information about the following topics:

  • water and waste exemptions
  • lower and Upper Tier Carrier and Broker registrations
  • hazardous waste registrations
  • fish net licences
  • cockling licences
  • water resources permit applications
  • waste permit applications
  • water quality permit applications
  • permit applications for installations
  • marine licence applications
  • planning applications
  • publications


By post

Natural Resources Wales
c/o Customer Care Centre
Ty Cambria
29 Newport Rd
CF24 0TP

Incident Report It line

0300 065 3000, and press 1 (following selecting 1 for Welsh language, 2 for English). This is a 24-hour service.

You should use the Incident Hotline to report incidents such as pollution. You can see a full list of the incidents we deal with on our report it page.


0345 988 1188 (24 hour service)

Contact Floodline for information about flooding.

Floodline Type Talk: 0345 602 6340 (for hard of hearing customers).

Call charges

Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than national rate calls to 01 or 02 numbers. They will count towards your telephone contract’s ‘inclusive minutes’ in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. These conditions apply to calls from any type of line, including mobile and BT lines, as well as other fixed lines or payphones.

You can still contact Floodline by dialling 0845 988 1188. You should check the cost of calling 0845 and 0345 numbers with your phone service provider. The cost of calling the 0345 or 0845 phone numbers will depend on your phone provider’s tariff and whether you use a landline or mobile phone.

Find out about call charges on

How to make a complaint

Find details on how to make a complaint

How to request information

If you would like to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act, please see how to make a request for information.

Related document downloads

Is there anything wrong with this page? Give us your feedback.