Cookies on our website

The Natural Resources Wales website uses cookies. By continuing to browse or by clicking “Continue,” you agree to the storing of first- and third-party cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Cookie policy.

Change (vary) an existing permit

If you would like to make any changes to your permit you need to apply for a variation

For further advice on how you can vary a permit please see application forms and guidance notes below.

If you want to make an administrative change only - you only need to fill in Part C0.5 unless you are changing an address or contact details when you should also fill in Part A with the new details. To check what is an administrative page please see the guidance for Part C0.5.

If you have more than one environmental permit at the same location, you can apply to consolidate your permit. If you would like to consolidate your permit, then please contact our Customer Care Centre on 0300 065 3000 to discuss your application.

If you have a bespoke permit and want to vary to add or become a standard rule activity, you should go to our Apply for a standard rule permit activity page and follow the information there.

Look at our How to apply for an environmental permit page before you apply, for up-to-date information on the application process.

Application forms

When opening the forms, you may need to click 'View, Edit document' or 'Enable content'. Look at our How to apply for an environmental permit page for more information on using our application forms.

All applicants (except those applying for an administrative change only) must fill in part A and F, and complete the appropriate Part C sections.

If you are applying to vary your permit it is advisable that you have the relevant permissions (i.e. a granted Natural Resource Wales permit) prior to purchasing and installing any changes to your current system.

Part A

Application form Part A - About you

Guidance notes Part A - How to complete Part A of our application form

Part C

Application Form Part C0.5 - Administrative variation of a standard or bespoke permit

Guidance notes Part C0.5 - How to complete Part C0.5 of our application form

Application Form Part C1 - Varying a permit to change to, or to add a standard facility

Guidance notes Part C1 - How to complete Part C1 of our application form

Application Form Part C2 - Varying a bespoke permit: General

Guidance notes Part C2 - How to complete Part C2 of our application form

Application Form Part C6 - Varying a bespoke water discharge or groundwater activity (point source discharge)

Guidance notes Part C6 - How to complete Part C6 of our application form

Application Form Part C7 - Varying a bespoke groundwater permit to discharge used sheep dip, waste pesticide or other waste  substances

Guidance notes Part C7 - How to complete Part C7 of our application form

Part F

All applications for sewage (over 15 cubic metres into ground or over 20 cubic metres a day to surface water) or trade discharges must include a completed Part F2. For standalone groundwater discharges/spreading activities you will need to complete a Part F1.

Application Form Part F1 - Opra, charges and declarations

Guidance notes Part F1 - How to complete Part F1 of our application form

Application Form Part F2 - Charging for discharges (C for D) charges and declarations

Guidance notes Part F2 - How to complete Part F2 of our application form

Credit and Debit card payment form CC1

Please send your completed application form to:

Permit Receipt Centre
Natural Resources Wales
29 Newport Road
Cambria House
CF24 0TP 

Is there anything wrong with this page? Give us your feedback.