Apply to surrender (give up) all or part of a waste permit
BETA: This is a new service – give feedback to help us improve it
Use this service to surrender (give up) all or part of your permit.
Before you start
You need to know:
- the permit number
- any pre-application reference
- the risk level of surrendering all or part of your permit
- the areas of land or activities you want to surrender
- about claiming confidentiality and national security
- what declarations to make
- waste permit charges
- how you will pay
Documents to upload
You will need to upload some or all the following documents to your application.
1. A site condition report describing the condition of the permit site (or the relevant part of the site for a partial surrender). We will not need this for a mobile plant permit. For landfill reports, read surrender of permits for the permanent deposit of waste.
2. Written evidence (from us) that we have agreed you meet the requirements. This will normally be a letter or email from your site compliance officer.
3. Two plans demonstrating partial surrender:
- a plan identifying the part(s) of the permit you want to surrender
- a plan identifying the part(s) of the permit you will be keeping
4. A description of the steps you have taken to avoid any pollution risk or to return the site to a satisfactory state.
5. A description of what you want to surrender.
6. To claim confidentiality or national security you will need to give evidence.
We will make a decision within three months of receiving a complete application and correct fee.
We will check your application and confirm if it is complete, if it is complete we call this ‘duly made’. If it is not complete we may request further information from you. The three month timescale does not begin until we consider the application is ‘duly made’.