We’ve received an application to vary a permit from Dŵr Cymru Cyfyngedig.
Application for a variation of an environmental permit under the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2016.
Application number(s): PAN-002203 & PAN-002204, PAN-002226, PAN-002200, PAN-002201
Regulated facility type(s): Wastewater Treatment Works, Combined Sewer Overflow(s), Pumping station(s)
Regulated facility location(s):
• Gowerton Wastewater Treatment Works, Victoria Road, Gowerton, Swansea, SA4 3AB
• Llanelli Wastewater Treatment Works, Berwick Road, Bynea, Llanelli, SA14 9SN
• Bynea Sewage Pumping Station, Bynea, Llanelli, SA14 9SU
• Northumberland Avenue Sewage Pumping Station, New Docks Road, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, SA15 2HD
NGR discharge point:
• Gowerton WwTW: SS 56087 97833
• Llanelli WwTW: SS 54576 97854
• Bynea SPS: SS 55300 98310
• Northumberland Avenue SPS: SS 50234 98505
Receiving environment: Loughor Estuary
Effluent type(s): Final effluent; Storm sewage
• Gowerton WwTW Final Effluent: 78796 cubic metre per day;
• Llanelli WwTW Final Effluent 107914 cubic metre per day;
• Bynea SPS: Pass forward flow at a maximum of 501 l/s;
• Northumberland Avenue SPS: Pass forward flow at a maximum of 1100 l/s.
You can request a digital copy of the application and supporting documents free of charge by using our preferred method of contact via email on:
Or write to:
Natural Resources Wales
29 Newport Road
If you have any comments send these by 16 February 2018.
Normally we must put any responses we receive on the public register. We will however remove your name and contact details before doing so.