Find out if a site has a permit, licence or exemption (Public Register)

Find out if a site has a permit, licence or exemption (Public Register)

Find details of how you can check if a site has a permit, licence or exemption to operate legally.

Natural Resources Wales issues permits, licences and exemptions for industry, business and individuals to carry out certain activities that have the potential to pollute or harm the environment. For a number of activities the legislation specifies that a Public Register must be made available.

Waste Carriers, Brokers and Dealers

Check an organisation is registered as a waste carrier/broker/dealer

If the registration was made before 5th March 2015 then details will appear on the spreadsheet at the bottom of this page. Please note, registration numbers starting with CBDL are for Lower Tier and CBDU are for Upper Tier.

Waste and Water Quality Exemptions

See the details of all the waste and water quality exemptions registered in Wales (since 20th October 2014) on the public register:

View the waste and water quality exemptions public register

Waste exemptions registered in Wales before 20th October 2014 are not currently available on the above public register. Look at our Waste exemptions registered before October 2014 spread sheet for more information or to find out when an exemption you registered before 20th October 2014 will expire.

Hazardous Waste Producer Registrations

See details of all the Hazardous Waste Producer registrations in Wales on the Public Register.

View the Hazardous Waste Producer public register

Waste, Water Quality, Water Resources and Installation Permits

See details of all current Waste, Water Quality, Water Resources and Installation Permits issued in Wales.

View the Waste, Water Quality, Water Resources and Installations public register

For information on waste only permits, you can also  look at our waste permit map.

Authorised Treatment Facilities for End-of-Life Vehicles

See the spreadsheet below for the NRW public register of authorised treatment facilities (ATF) in Wales for end-of-life vehicles (ELV). This register includes information on permit holders such as their address and an Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR) permit reference.

Scrap Metal Dealers

See the spreadsheet below for the NRW public register of scrap metal dealers in Wales.

Trees, woodland and forestry

Applications for tree felling

We publish details of proposed felling licences for a minimum of four weeks. During this period you can view and comment on the proposals. 

View register for felling

Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)

Under the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) (Forestry) Regulations 1999 we must show the decisions we make about whether proposals will have a significant effect on the environment.

View Environmental Impact Assessment for forestry register

Forest Resource Plans (FRP)

Find details of how we approve tree felling on the Welsh Government Woodland Estate through Forest Resource Plans (FRP). This allows us to demonstrate an equivalent level of regulation on WGWE.

View Forest Resource Plan register

Further public register information and the Permitting Publication Scheme

If you cannot access the information that you need from the links above you can contact the enquires team who will be able to advise you if the information that you require is available and how to access it.

The Natural Resources Wales Permitting Publication Scheme aims to make available information about permit applications and decisions. The document below contains details of what information is available for all the permitting regimes Natural Resources Wales is responsible for.

You can find out if a company or individual has a permit, licence or exemption to operate legally for any of the activities we regulate by contacting the enquiries team.


Phone: 0300 065 3000 (Mon - Friday 9am - 5pm)