Information on the long-term timber contracts offered on the Welsh Government Woodland Estate.
Wales Harvesting and Marketing (WHaM) commit circa 50% of annual sales volume to Long Term Contracts (LTC) in line with the current Timber Marketing Strategy 2016-17
Long Term Contracts
Long Term Contracts (LTCs) are typically five-year contracts. They are offered as standing or roadside sales. LTCs are tendered at a set volume, spread equally over the contract term. Price is typically revised annually on roadside contracts and on a lot-by-lot basis on standing contracts.
There are no plans to offer any further Long-term Contracts at present. We will continue to monitor and review the situation and will advertise any opportunities for further contracts should the need for more arise.
These contracts offered:
- A guaranteed long-term timber supply
- Support for investment in the timber industry in Wales
- Tenders will be advertised in the Forestry Journal. Registered E-Timber Sales users will also be notified via E-Timber Sales.
- For further information on LTCs please contact the e-sales helpdesk
- All tender details are published on this web page