- Your supplier, if you are concerned about floodwater affecting your gas, electricity, water or sewerage services.
- Your local authority, for flooding caused by blocked gullies.
- Your local authority, if you are concerned about flooding caused by water running off fields.
- Natural Resources Wales, for advice on flooding from rivers and the sea.
- Natural Resources Wales, if you notice an obstruction in the river.
- Your local authority may have some sandbags ready to deploy at times of flooding, but their priority is to protect the public at large.
You should check with your local authority in advance to find out what their policy is, and if there is a charge for the service.
If your local authority doesn’t supply sandbags, you can buy your own supply from DIY stores and builder’s merchants. More advice on sandbags can be found on Gov.uk
- National Flood Forum for advice on flood protection products.
- Your insurance company, to check whether your property is covered for flood damage.
- Your local water company, for sewer flooding, or if your toilet or sink is backing up during floods.
Floodline is available 24 hours a day - 0345 988 1188