Our role in agriculture
The role of Natural Resources Wales in agriculture and how we work with the industry.
How we work
We work with farming groups, Farming Connect, Welsh Government to advise and support the development of a sustainable agricultural industry to:
- conserve, enhance and restore wildlife habitats, species, landscapes and cultural characteristics
- provide quality jobs and a viable return to those farming and managing the land
- maintain and support the social fabric of rural communities
- help with tackling the challenges posed by climate change
- make it easier for people to reach and enjoy the countryside and to understand it better
We provide advice to the Welsh Government by responding to consultations on all issues relating to the environmental impact of agriculture, including:
- Common Agricultural Policy (CAP)
- Welsh Rural Development Plan (WRDP)
- the management of common land
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- the design of farm advisory services
We are still developing this section of our website - your feedback will help us improve it.