Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
How to become an approved authorised treatment facility or approved exporter. Application forms and guidance on how to apply, how to issue evidence notes and use WEEE protocols.
Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) treatment facilities and exporters are responsible for the reuse and treatment of WEEE and ensuring it's recycled and recovered. If you reuse, treat or export whole WEEE for reuse overseas you can apply for an approval to issue evidence notes. You will need an appropriate environmental permit or exemption.
The following application forms and guidance documents are available through the external links section:
- Application forms and guidance on how to apply, how to issue evidence notes and how to use WEEE protocols. What you need to do to become an approved authorised treatment facility or approved exporter
- Application forms to become approved authorised treatment facility or approved exporter
- Guidance notes on how to issue WEEE evidence notes and use the protocols as well as what needs to be included in your independent audit report
- Additional guidance on classifying WEEE and what happens if your approval is suspended or cancelled
- Guidance on broadly equivalent standards
- Guidance on Exporting WEEE
If you export UK sourced WEEE to countries outside the European economic area for recovery, you must supply evidence that the environmental standards at each plant are broadly equivalent to those in the UK
Any company exporting waste must comply with the Waste Shipment Regulations.
Important changes to electronic payments
Our bank details have changed. If you want to pay for your permit or licence application by electronic transfer, use our new bank information below. Please look at the ‘Our charges’ section of our website for full details of the changes.
|Company name:||Natural Resources Wales|
|Company address:||Income Department, PO BOX 663, Cardiff, CF24 0TP|
|Address:||National Westminster Bank Plc., 2 1/2 Devonshire Square, London, EC2M 4BA|
We will update our forms as soon as possible, but please use the new bank information on Our Charges page when making electronic payments from now on. Do not use the details given in our permit/ licence application forms and guidance if they are different to those above.