Why work for us?
We employ around 1,900 people in locations throughout Wales. Our employees include scientists, engineers, foresters, environmental managers and recreation and education experts.
We work with local communities and organisations to improve and protect the natural environment in Wales.
If you are interested in working for us, you can see a list of all opportunities on the current vacancies and apprenticeship scheme pages.
What we can offer
- a competitive salary
- a generous career-average pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over five years
- special leave entitlements in exceptional circumstances
- maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- a range of flexible working options, including flexitime – these will depend on business needs but we aim to help you achieve a positive work/life balance
- occupational health benefits, including counselling and advisory services and eye care services
Equal opportunities for all
All of us at Natural Resources Wales are committed to delivering great public services to everyone in Wales. Respecting and valuing difference helps ensure that we provide services that reflect the needs and experiences of both our staff and of the people we serve.
To achieve this, we need a workforce with the very best possible mix of existing and future talent. By ‘best possible mix’, we mean that we need people who come from all backgrounds, be that black, Asian or minority ethnic, LGB, transgender or non-binary, young, old and those with impairments to name a few.
People perform better when they can be themselves and we know that this benefits the individual and our organisation and therefore we have staff network support groups, policies that are inclusive of everyone and all protected characteristics as well as senior managers and Board members who champion equality, diversity and inclusion.