Senior Cloud Support Engineer x 2
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: 37 hours - you will need to work as part of a flexible shift pattern to cover service hours of 8am to 6pm. There are also requirements for weekend working when required to meet the business needs. Also, you will need to work on a time specific rota providing an ‘Out of Hours’ ICT Service to an agreed level.
Post numbers: 203405, 203406
As an organisation we support flexible working. This role allows hybrid working (a mix of home and office working) and a working pattern suitable for you can be discussed on appointment if you are successful.
You will be contracted to the nearest NRW office to your home, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
Working with the Flood Warning and Informing service as part of an ICT Platform Team the role is expected to provide technical support of all live National Flood Service applications and cloud platforms within an ITIL framework and defined product and platform team operating model, to deliver an outstanding customer focused Agile service.
Your responsibilities include:
- Be Technical Lead for NRW NFS Applications and Azure platforms
- Develop and enhance existing applications and platforms in line with ICT development methodology.
- Ensure the health and availability of applications and systems in line with ICT governance.
- Ensure that incidents and service requests are resolved within agreed service level agreements.
- Work with ICT Central Pillar and FWS Product team to develop and implement the Platform Team workplan.
- Work with other Senior Engineers and Developers to resolve issues and improve live systems.
- Offer escalation route for technical issues and advise Engineers, Analysts and Apprentices inside and outside the team.
- Attend ICT Governance forums and contribute towards the design and implementation of new solutions.
- Lead, define and plan proactive maintenance tasks including routine upgrades of platforms and services.
- Work with external strategic partners to ensure application issues are resolved within service level agreements.
- Required to take part in incident response activities
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
- Extensive knowledge and experience of supporting and administering Office 365/SharePoint Online/Dynamics 365/ Web Applications/COTS packages
- Proven experience of working within a Public Cloud environment.
- Experience of supporting and maintaining Rest APIs.
- Experience of working with Azure DevOps and Visual Studio
- Proven experience of supporting and developing platforms and/or applications with the following technologies: Azure PaaS, HTML 5, CSS, C#, MS SQL and Power Shell.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management – specifically Incident and Problem Management and Project Management skills to define, plan and control work streams within your remit.
Welsh language requirements:
Essential Level 1 – able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- health and wellbeing benefits and support
- weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
- competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Email the following to: Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.uk quoting the post reference 203405, 203406
- Your CV
- a covering letter to support your application
- no more than two sides of A4
- explain why you’re interested in the position
- provide evidence of why you’re suitable, based on the ‘Responsibilities’ and ‘Qualifications, experience and knowledge’ sections above
Application closing date 29 January 2023
Interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Ian Johns at Ian.Johns@cyfoethnaturiolcymru.gov.uk
Natural Resources Wales embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.