Facilities Operations Assistant
Contract type: Fixed term appointment until 31 March 2023
Work pattern: Monday to Friday, 37 hours
Post number: 203165
As an organisation we support flexible working. This role allows hybrid working (a mix of home and office working) and a working pattern suitable for you can be discussed on appointment if you are successful.
You will be contracted to the NRW location stated in this advert, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
The Facilities operational team are tasked with providing a safe and healthy built environment for NRW staff, and contractors, enabling them to carry out their duties effectively and for our customers to enjoy their visitor experience.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we maintain the above remit whilst effecting changes to improve our buildings so they are fit for future ways of working and reduce NRW’s carbon footprint, doing our bit to respond to the Climate Emergency.
Reporting to the Team Leader, this job is to support the Hub 4 Coordinator and buildings within the North-East area and will involve regular, independent site visits, some to remote locations. Facilities management (FM) tasks and checks will be carried out, recorded and actions followed through. These help us to ensure we maintain statutory legal compliance. The job is busy, and the tasks varied.
Examples include recording water temperatures, taking utility meter readings, testing fire alarms, organising repairs and maintenance, ordering stationery and assisting with running the FM Service desk.
NRW holds the ISO14001 environmental and ISO45001 Health & Safety management accreditation and many of our tasks directly support these and are subject to audit scrutiny.
We are looking for a responsible, flexible, and pragmatic person, able to prioritise and ensure tasks are properly completed and recorded. We also expect the highest standards of excellence towards our customers, both internal and external.
Training will be provided and there are opportunities to undertake an IWFM apprenticeship and for career progression within the FM and Fleet function.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment for NRW staff, customers and contractors.
- Provide excellent frontline customer service and foster a culture of continuous improvement in delivering services.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Level 3 qualification in Facilities Management or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety management relating to the Health and Safety at work act.
- Experience of delivering both hard and soft Facilities services within a built environment to include:
- Good understanding of using a Finance system and other software/applications to meet the requirements of your area of responsibility.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate confidently, with excellent customer service skills.
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to work under pressure using your own initiative in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Good IT and accurate data entry skills.
- Experience of managing small scale building repair and maintenance works as well as managing contractors.
Welsh language requirements:
Essential Level 1 – Able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Desirable Level 3 – Able to communicate with confidence in Welsh in some work situations
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Please note - Applications to this role will be assessed based on the following competencies, both at shortlisting and interview. Please give examples of how you demonstrate these competencies when completing your application form.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Evaluation of Information
Decision Making and Autonomy Requirements
Communication and Relationships with Others
Responsibility for Resources
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- health and wellbeing benefits and support
- weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Send completed applications forms to Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.uk
Application closing date: 10 July 2022
Interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Hayley Evans at Hayley.Evans@cyfoethnaturiolcymru.gov.uk or 03000 654140
Natural Resources Wales embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.