Contract type: Fixed Term appointment until 31 October 2023
Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours a week including weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
Post number: 202026 & 202027
This job helps to sustain Wales’s natural heritage so that everyone can enjoy and benefit from it. You will do this by helping to deliver Visitor Centre services at Bwlch Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre, ensuring the delivery of core quality customer services.
Your responsibilities will include to:
- Be a first point of contact for visitors, staffing the shop and providing orientation and information concerning the attractions and activities on offer both in person, phone and through social media.
- Ensure that all interactions with the public present NRW in the best possible manner through good customer care and service provision.
- Support the Visitor Centre team with the objectives of enabling more people to enjoy the benefits of access to the natural environment and promote a better understanding of the natural resource
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Experience in Customer Care or Retail Management. Ability to use Microsoft applications would be an advantage.
Welsh language requirements
Essential: Level 3 – Able to communicate with confidence in Welsh in some work situations
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
- Competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Please send a CV to: Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.uk using the post number as the email reference
Application closing date: 20 February 2023
Interviews will take place at Bwlch Nant y Arian Visitor Centre
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Sarah Parry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Natural Resources Wales embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.