Internal Auditor X2
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours. Compressed Hours or Term Time Working considered - discussions at interview stage welcome
Post numbers: 201926, 202485
As an organisation we support flexible working. This role allows hybrid working (a mix of home and office working) and a working pattern suitable for you can be discussed on appointment if you are successful.
You will be contracted to the nearest NRW office to your home, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
To deliver audit and consultancy work as per Internal Audit plan, to time, scope and in accordance with Public Sector Internal Audit Standards. To co-ordinate recommendations follow up tracking. To provide advice on internal controls, risk management and governance to the organisation. To undertake whistleblowing and fraud investigations.
Your responsibilities include:
- Delivery of risk based internal audit assignment to time, scope and in accordance with Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS). This includes planning and research, drafting Terms of Reference, carrying out fieldwork, drafting audit reports and agreeing appropriate management actions.
- Provide advice and guidance to business in relation to internal controls, risk management and governance.
- Conduct follow up work for audit recommendations.
- Delivery of whistleblowing and fraud investigations to draft reporting stages as per Internal Audit procedures. To report on investigative findings and make draft initial recommendations.
- Build positive and effective relationships across the organisation
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Holding, or working towards or willing to complete within first 18 months in role, a professional internal audit qualification.
- Holding or working towards a professional qualification in fraud investigations.
- Broad knowledge of NRW and its functions.
- Knowledge of PSIAS.
- Knowledge of fraud and basic investigations.
- Good understanding of Risk Management.
- Experience of delivering risk based internal audits and consultancy in a large, complex organisation.
- Experience of delivering investigations.
- Delivery of assignments to time, scope and in accordance with PSIAS.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse complex information.
- Ability to write concise audit reports with clear recommendations.
- Ability to retain objectivity and confidentiality.
Welsh language requirements
Essential Level 1 – Able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Applications to this role will be assessed based on the following competencies, both at shortlisting and interview. Please give examples of how you demonstrate these competencies when completing your application form.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Evaluation of Information
Decision Making and Autonomy Requirements
Communication and Relationships with Others
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
- Competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Before completing your application, please read our Guidance on completing a job application form
Application closing date: 20 February 2023
Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Jacquie Kedward at Jacqueline.email@example.com
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.