Senior Application Support Engineer
Closing date: 26 March 2023 | Salary: £37,308 - £40,806 (Grade 6) | Location: Flexible
Contract type: Permanent
Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours per week.
Post number: 201849
As an organisation we support flexible working. This role allows hybrid working (a mix of home and office working) and a working pattern suitable for you can be discussed on appointment if you are successful.
You will be contracted to the nearest NRW office to your home, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
Working to the Applications Support Team Leader, the Specialist is expected to provide technical support of all live NRW applications within an ITIL framework and defined Application Support Team operating model, to deliver an outstanding customer focused service.
Your responsibilities include:
- Be Technical Lead for NRW ICT Applications.
- Develop new and enhance existing application in line with ICT development methodology.
- Ensure the health and availability of applications and systems in line with ICT governance.
- Ensure that incidents and service requests are resolved within the agreed service level agreements.
- Work with Application Team Leader to implement the Application Support Team workplan.
- Work with other Senior Engineers to resolve issues and improve live systems.
- Offer escalation route for technical issues and advise Engineers, Analysts and Apprentices within the team.
- Attend ICT Governance forums and contribute towards the design and implementation of new solutions.
- Lead, define and plan proactive maintenance tasks including routine upgrades of services.
- Work with external strategic partners to ensure application issues are resolved within service level agreements.
- Required to take part in incident response activities
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of supporting and administration of Office 36/SharePoint Online/SharePoint 2013/RecordPoint and CRM Dynamics Online/CRM Dynamics On-Premise.
- Proven experience of working within an Azure environment.
- Experience of working in Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management – specifically Incident and Problem Management and Project Management skills to define, plan and control work streams within your remit.
Welsh language requirements
Essential Level 1 - able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Applications to this role will be assessed based on the following competencies, both at shortlisting and interview. Please give examples of how you demonstrate these competencies when completing your application form.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
Evaluation of Information
Decision Making and Autonomy Requirements
Communication and Relationships with Others
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to Apply
Please send a completed Application form to Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.uk using the post number as the email reference
Before completing your application, please read our Guidance on completing a job application form
Application closing date 26 March 2023
Interviews will take place through Microsoft Teams
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Andrew Lightfoot at firstname.lastname@example.org
Natural Resources Wales embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.