How to make a complaint about our service to you
How to make a complaint and access our complaints policy
If you are dissatisfied with our actions, lack of any actions, or the standard or service provided by us, let us know. This gives us the opportunity to put things right and review the way we do things in the future.
Most problems can be resolved by talking through the issue with either the person you’ve been dealing with or their line manager. Complaints can often be sorted out immediately this way.
If you would like to make a formal complaint, you can do this by:
- completing and sending a complaint form
- asking for a copy of our complaints form from a person with whom you are already in contact (tell them that you want us to deal with your concern formally)
- calling us on 0300 065 3000 to make your complaint over the phone
These will be handled in accordance with our complaints and commendations policy.
Please note that a complaint is not:
- an initial request for a service – please see our contact details
- an appeal by a 3rd party against a ‘properly made’ decision by Natural Resources Wales, except where that 3rd party is a regulated business raising an informal appeal
- a means to seek change to legislation or a ‘properly made’ policy decision
- a means for lobbying groups/organisations to seek to promote a cause
See how to access our information if the matter relates to a Freedom of Information or Data Protection issue.
Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
If you feel that the way we have dealt with your complaint has been unsatisfactory, please contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.
The Ombudsman will expect you have brought your concerns to our attention first such that we have had an opportunity to put things right.
We welcome complaints in Welsh and will respond in Welsh without it leading to a delay.
If you feel that we have breached our Welsh Language Standards, you are welcome to contact us directly to resolve the matter, or contact the Welsh Language Commissioner.