We have nine Local Fishery Groups (LFGs) in Wales (Wye, Usk, Taff, Gower, West Wales, Ceredigion South, Ceredigion North, Gwynedd and Dee and Clwyd). These non-statutory groups normally meet at least twice a year.
Purpose of LFGs
- To act as a communication link with representative fisheries interests and fishing bodies and individuals on fisheries management, enforcement and related issues
- To provide a forum for the exchange of fisheries management information
- To seek views and advice from group members about fisheries management and related issues
- To consider the ecological, biological and economic impact of emerging and new issues affecting our fisheries
- To raise awareness in the fisheries community and other interested parties regarding development of the fisheries resources and the sharing of good practice
- To facilitate partnership working