Natural Resources Wales celebrates rise in ranking in 2016 Stonewall Workplace Equality Index
PUBLISHED: 19 JAN 2016
Natural Resources Wales (NRW) is celebrating its best ranking to date in the 2016 Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, published today.
The organisation has risen 78 places since 2015 and is now placed 160 out of 415 top employers for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workers in the UK. In Wales NRW now sits in 14th place.
The Stonewall Workplace Equality Index is the definitive list showcasing the best employers for lesbian, gay and bi staff in the UK.
It is compiled from submissions to the Workplace Equality Index, which is a powerful benchmarking tool used by employers to create inclusive workplaces.
Emyr Roberts, Chief Executive, Natural Resources Wales said:
“This is a great achievement that reflects our swift progress over the past two years in ensuring that we provide an inclusive and diverse workplace.
“We are committed to making equality and diversity our top priority in everything we do, giving every individual the opportunity to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination.
“As an organisation we want to reflect the society we represent and remain determined to fight against discrimination in all its guises.”
Andrew White, Director, Stonewall Cymru said:
“Natural Resources Wales and all of those employers that secured a place in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers 2016 list performed fantastically this year. With 12 Welsh employers in this year’s index and 4 new entries into the Top 100, Wales is punching above its weight in supporting LGBT equality. Making the list is a huge achievement and I’d like to thank all of those organisations for their continued efforts to ensure that their lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work and are accepted without exception.”
For more information on the 2016 Stonewall Workplace Index:
- The Workplace Equality Index is free to enter for any employer
- Over 400 employers submitted entries to the 2016 Index, the highest number since the Index first opened in 2005
- As part of the Index there is a staff feedback questionnaire that participating employers can ask their staff to complete. This year Stonewall received 60,506 responses to the staff survey making it one of the largest national employment surveys in Britain, with 11,980lesbian, gay, bi and trans respondents
- All of the Top 100 are members of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme
- MI5 were placed at number one in the Top LGBT Employers Index