Our own environmental management
Our purpose is to ensure that the natural resources of Wales are sustainably maintained, enhanced and used, now and in the future.
We want to set an example in Wales in how we manage our organisation’s own environmental impact by:
- reducing the amount of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases that all our activities put into the atmosphere
- reducing energy use in our offices and buildings
- reducing the amount of water we use
- increase resource efficiency in our processes
- reducing the waste we send to landfill
- reducing the amount of miles we drive
- integrating environmental, social and economic factors into our procurement activity
See our Environmental Policy Statement for more information about our environmental commitment.
Our progress so far
- Attained the ISO 14001 environmental management standard and certification following independent external audits and verification
- Established a baseline for future carbon reporting - setting a target to reduce our carbon footprint reduction in relation to our buildings energy use and travel by 5% in the next year
- We have maintained woodland certification (the UK Woodland Assurance Standard) for the Welsh Government Woodland Estate we manage
See our Environment Management System annual report for more information.