Cookies on our website

The Natural Resources Wales website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more details about cookies and how to manage them, see our cookie policy.

Making a complaint

If you feel that we’ve done something wrong or you’ve not received the standard of service you expect, you can complain to us

We provide a wide range of services, and always strive to make sure that they are both high quality and value for money.

We’re keen to hear your comments, both positive and negative, to make sure our services are working as well as possible for you.

How you can make a complaint

Most problems can be resolved by talking through the issue with either the person you’ve been dealing with or their line manager. Complaints can often be sorted out immediately this way.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, you can do this by:

  • completing our complaints form and emailing it to us at
  • asking for a copy of our complaints form from a person with whom you are already in contact. Tell them that you want us to deal with your concern formally
  • calling us on 0300 065 3000 to make your complaint over the phone
  • writing to us at: Complaints, Natural Resources Wales, Maes y Ffynnon, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2DW

These will be handled in accordance with our Complaints and Commendations policy.

Please note that a complaint is not:

  • an initial request for a service – please see our contact details
  • an appeal by a 3rd party against a ‘properly made’ decision by Natural Resources Wales, except where that 3rd party is a regulated business raising an informal appeal
  • a means to seek change to legislation or a ‘properly made’ policy decision
  • a means for lobbying groups/organisations to seek to promote a cause

See how to access our information if the matter relates to a Freedom of Information or Data Protection issue.

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales

If you feel that the way we have dealt with your complaint has been unsatisfactory, please contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.

The Ombudsman will expect you have brought your concerns to our attention first such that we have had an opportunity to put things right. 

Is there anything wrong with this page? Give us your feedback.